Feedback

This is the best place to post your question or just leave feedback for us.

We dearly appreciate it : -)

9 thoughts on “Feedback

Matt

Hi!

I’m looking for something that I can eventually use to replace (upgrade) iGoogle and I’m really loving your product but I haven’t figured out how to display RSS feeds like I’m used to. In iGoogle I could find the feeds of all my favorite topics (samples below) and I could see headlines for all the current articles. Is this possible in Startific?

startificadmin Post author

Hi Matt,

For the moment users are not able to manually add an RSS feed a feed widget, BUT we are currently developing a native RSS feed widget for Startific, and hope to be ready in time for you to enjoy it!

Don’t forget that you can always add your own widgets to Startific (including favorite RSS feed widget), or add the code from already created external RSS widgets that you like. In the Widget Menu ( that is accessible from the Lower Bar) click the “Add new Widget” and simply past in the code and info for your new widget. This is a simple way to create your new personal widget.

Best regards,
      Startific Team.

scott

When adding widgets, the Weather24 or Interactive Weather specifically, I can’t find how to update or change location. With Weather24, once the location and Temp. Settings are changed, I can’t find how to save them so they load with those settings on next use. Interactive Weather, I can’t change location from Chicago. I might just be missing a Settings button. Could you let me know how to update/change these?

startificadmin Post author

Hello Scott,

For now it seems the weather location is automatic: it should automatically geotag your position and finds the appropriate closer one to your location based on your IP. In general it’s a feature that users have been asking us for, and they are happy with automatic location.
      We are constantly updating our widgets we thank you for leaving us feedback; we will look into the Weather Widget, and try to sort things out as soon as possible :-)

Kind regards,
      Startific Team.

Becket

I have tried and tried to delete my backgrounds. All are grayed boxes except for one. It is an image I uploaded from my computer. The image is too small and doesn’t fill the whole page. Message: OK to delete? I say OK but the picture remains. I try to add another background, Message: Some fields are not entered correctly. You have 9 uploaded wallpapers delete one of them. I have tried but have had no success. And how large and what type of image can I use.? “Frustrated.”

startificadmin Post author

Hello Becket,

The 9 backgrounds you see at the start are the default in Startific, because we do not want colourless theme. They are defaults and are permanent, BUT, you can always add your own on top of them, so you will personalize your Startific page completely.
      Simply upload an image as your backgrounds (preferably .jpg format) over the old backgrounds. Click Background Properties menu, where you can access your background / Add Image / Select if you want an image from the web or to upload yours. Repeat this process until you replace all the default images with your own favorite wallpapers.

*Note: The only limit for the wallpapers is 72MB; so if the wallpaper is between this size limit, you can add as bigger resolution wallpaper as you desire. There is no pixel limitation, just add the wallpaper that would fit your screen resolution better.

Hope this helps :-)

Kind regards,
      Startific Team.

Liz

1. Cannot change to “Private”. I get a pop-up “Some fields are not filled correctly”. But I don’t know which fields.
    2. Tried to change the backgroud and received the same message. But after a re-boot the background was changed. Then as I am writing this message it returned to the default.
    3. How do I remove the facebook, twitter, etc.. gadget??
    4. Why does the Amazon shopping gadget show up every-time I open the web site. I need to delete it each time??

I need to replace iGoogle. I am not real particular, but I do require something works. This seems kinda buggy, but it could be my fault. I don’t have a lot of time to spend setting up my computer so I need something that is easy and intuitive. I could b missing something.

Guido

Kudos on the looks and design, I will be sure to give this a try once you have rss feeds up and running. I feel this is one of the, if not “THE” most important feature these kind of pages should contain and was kind of let down when I noticed it was not supported yet. However upon reading this page I see that you are already working on it. Will check back in time to see how things are progressing.